PRACHINA GRANTHA MALA – REPRINTS OF OLD BOOKS
Apart from the books by Professor S. K. Ramachandra Rao, we have initiated a project of reprinting old and valuable books about Indian culture. These books are rare and hard to find, and were out of print for a long time. The books have been scanned and printed exactly as they first appeared. We hope that interest in these gems are rekindled through these reprints.
The following books are now available:
- Mrchchakatika of Sudraka, with the commentary by Prthwidhara (originally published by Nirnaya Sagar Press in 1926) – Rs. 300
- ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತ ದ್ವಿತೀಯ ಪುಸ್ತಕಂ Samskrita dviteeya pustakam, (ಶ್ರೀ ಮಹಿಶೂರುಪುರ ಮಹಾರಾಜ್ಞೀ ಬಾಲಿಕಾ ಪಾಠಶಾಲೋಪಯೋಗಾಯ ಮಹಾರಾಜಶ್ರೀ ಅಂಬಲೆ ನೃಸಿಂಹಯ್ಯಂಗಾರ್ ವರ್ಯಸ್ಯ ಆಜ್ಞಯಾ ಪುಟ್ಟಪರ್ತೀ ಶೇಷಾಚಾರ್ಯೇಣ ವಿರಚಿತಂ) Mysore, 1886 – Rs. 150
- ಶಬ್ದೌಘ ಕಲ್ಪದ್ರುಮ Sabdougha Kalpadruma – A Sanscrit-Kanarese Dictionary, by Sri T. Soobraya Sastri, Bangalore 1885. (2-volume hard-bound set) Rs. 1500
- Mudrarakshasa of Vishakadutta, with the commentary of Dhundhiraja. edited with critical and explanatory notes, by Kashinath Trimbak Telang. (originally published by Nirnaya Sagar Press in 1918) (hard-bound) – Rs. 500
- ಪರಾಶರ ಮಾಧವೀಯ Parashara Madhaveeya – the dharmasastra translated into Kannada by Chincholi Venkannachar (originally published in Bangalore in 1890) (2-volume hard-bound set, 1200 pages) – Rs. 2000
- Buddhacharita of Asvaghosa, with a sanskrit commentary by Sri Appashastri Rashivadekar, (and English translation and notes by Sri V. V. Sovani, A. C. Bhat & Co.) (originally published in Poona in 1911) – 280 pages, Rs. 350
- Meghasandesha of Kalidasa, with word to word meaning, analysis of all compound words, declension, etc by Doddabele Gopalacharya, (in Kannada), (First Published in 1899), Hard bound, 280 pages, Rs. 400
- Isa-Kena-Katha Upanishads with the commentary of Sri Madhvacharya, Translated into English by Sri Sris Chandra Vasu, Vidyarnava, Panini Office, 1911; Hard bound, 160 pages, Rs. 250
- Prasha-Mundaka-Mandukya Upanishads with the commentary of Sri Madhvacharya, Translated into English by Sri Sris Chandra Vasu, Vidyarnava, Panini Office, 1911, Hard bound, 180 pages, Rs. 300.